Courtesy of Neighbourhood Centers and borrowed from The Metropolitan Revolution, five appreciative inquiry questions worth asking Hamilton residents that focus on strengths & assets rather than problems & deficiencies:
- What’s good about Hamilton and your neighbourhood?
- How do you know you are home?
- What attracted you to Hamilton and your neighbourhood?
- What would make you want to work or live here in Hamilton even longer?
- What skills and abilities can you contribute to make Hamilton and your neighbourhood better?
And from Neighbourhood Centers President CEO Angela Blanchard, the starting point for community change is “looking at your city and the DNA of your city and understanding what is that city really built around. What are the aspirations here?”